Friday, June 15, 2007

Evaluation

This unit was a nice one to do. I loved the activity that you chose for us to do because we got to do use our creative side so i am glade that you chose these labs for us to do this semester. Also I think that the power points were the most helpful of all i got to read the book then hear and see the material again which is something i am not used to being in the class room environment. I took biology in high school and learned all this stuff and that was only a year ago and when i started reading these chapters I started thinking how much you really don't remember and how each book is different and you can get so much out of reading more then one book. I think that me as a person did pretty good with this unit, it was fun and i enjoyed the work. Even though i am still having computer problems i think that i am going to do pretty well this semester as long as I get my computer fix or looked at.

1 comment:

Larry Frolich said...

Karie, I sent an e-mail. Let me know what your plans are…do you plan on continuing in the class---if so, when can you get the Unit I work done?

SELF/UNIT EVALUATION: Thanks for the feedback. I hope your computer problems are working out…if not, try the YC campus computers. I’m sure this course presents a different perspective than high school. Next time, please try and specifically answer the questions in the self and unit eval page.


COMPENDIUM REVIEW 1: CELLS:

COMPENDIUM REVIEW 2: GENETICS:


MICROSCOPE LAB:

DRAGON GENETICS:
!.

BUILD A CELL: Please be sure you read the lab project instructions carefully. Your model is nicely done and includes a lot of detail on the parts of a cell. The project also asks how you to show mitosis, the role of the chromosomes, DNA replication and protein synthesis. I’ll consider this a baseline model this time, but please be sure your work is complete.

ETHICAL ISSUE ESSAY: GENETIC ENGINEERING. I’m not sure your essay shows that you understood what genetic enginnering and its various facets is about. Please be sure to review the web links and follow the instructions for the essays.


Please don’t forget to do your peer color group feedback on their ethical issues essays—you’ll probably find it interesting to see some other blogs also. And get started on Unit II if you haven’t already. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this feedback or your grades which can be seen on the YC Blackboard site.
LF